Thursday, August 16, 2012

Significant Others from Mid-Spring, 2012





My experience with the camera has been one of joy. I have taken photographs of musicians at concerts to document the occurrence; sometimes the pictures caught a moment successfully. My expertise for photographing musicians playing their instruments is underdeveloped probably because I do not have a hi-tech camera. But the convergence of the camera view and natural circumstance has awed me more than I ever thought possible. The photos evoke emotions that have no descriptions. That I can record these emotions is a product of the human enterprise which knows no equal.

copyright 2012 Lyn Horton

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful.
    At the risk of seeming pompous I'll quote my thoughts on one of the pictures I took with my cell phone (not smart phone not Iphone) What's the best camera? The one you have with you. Thanks to C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, et. al. for helping me see such a thing as this. With the camera, an eye, behind the eye,a thought. Skill is good, but you must be there, wherever there is. http://talhuman.blogspot.com/2012/08/yggdrasil-from-train.html

    ReplyDelete