Monday, September 19, 2022

Away Too Long

Because I am aging, my body needs longer to recover from physical activity. And since July of this year, I have been too riveted to my new living situation to leave it on Sundays. But yesterday was an exception. 

Not much rain has come down these last few months, so I have believed that where I would go or where I would want to go, no water would be flowing in streams, over the rocks, and or cascade in a waterfall. But, in this instance, I was wrong.

We need water in our bodies and in our lives. No debate can be had on that subject.

Just the sound of it flowing makes a difference to me. As it does for many.  Water flowing equates with time. As water flows, so do the minutes of dwelling on the appreciation of who we are on the planet and realizing how blessed we are when we are out of harm's way. 

We are witnessing vast and severe changes to the earth. We must preserve and persevere with the momentum of caring for it, stabilizing the huge swings in climate, and letting our voices be heard. 




















Cascades Trail, North Adams, MA
photo copyright 2022 Lyn Horton